Cryotherapy is used to cool down specific areas of the body that have been affected by injury, to aid recovery of the tissues and joints. To achieve this we have the latest technology, currently used by premiership football teams.
The Game Ready System® simultaneously delivers both adjustable cold therapy and intermittent compression, making it easy to apply the two most difficult-to-manage aspects of the RICE regime (rest, ice, compress and elevate). Specific cuffs for each joint are used to give good coverage and therefore better results.
Benefits of cold and compression therapy
- Decreases pain, muscle spasms, swelling and inflammation
- Reduces the activity that causes tissue damage
- Mimics muscle contractions, pumping fluid out of the injured area
- Stimulates tissue healing
- Increases blood flow and delivery of oxygen to the injury site
- Optimises lymphatic drainage